Longganisa Fried Rice
Longganisa is a Filipino Sausage best eaten during breakfast. Just a quick preparation and you will definitely enjoy it. A coffee on your side is a perfect match, Quarant-Rice Lovers!
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 3 pieces longganisa, slice or crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Spring onions, chopped (garnish optional)
- 1 small pack, mixed vegetables (saves time) or
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- ½ carrots, cubed
- 2 tbsp spring onions, garnish
- Beat 2 whole eggs in a small bowl until frothy. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat some cooking oil (about 3 tbsp) over medium to low heat. Pour egg mixture into the pan, fry, mix and crumble until done. Turn off heat, drain oil and transfer to a plate. Set aside.3
- Using the same pan, fry the longganisa. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat. Stirring occasionally to avoid sticking in the bottom. Add the butter and let it melt over lowest heat. (Butter burns easily in high heat)
- Gently add the rice into the pan. Add mixed vegetables. Fold in gently all the ingredients until well combined. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg into the pan and toss it well to mix. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the mixed vegetables, season with salt and pepper. Keep stirring the rice until well combined. Adjust seasoning as needed. Garnish with chopped spring onions upon serving. Serve hot and enjoy! You can read more about this here