Lumpiang Shanghai or Spring Rolls is another popular dish. It is made of ground pork or beef, finely chopped shrimps, minced onions, minced carrots, and several spices wrapped in a specially made wrapper called the lumpia wrapper. This list will not be complete if we miss this!
- 1 lb. ground pork or ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped shrimps
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 whole egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lumpia wrapper
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- In a cooking pan, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and fry the mixture until it is half-cooked.
- Remove excess oil by using a strainer.
- Wrap the meat into rolls with the lumpia wrapper. Use egg whites to seal the wrapper.
- Fry in deep hot oil until the color becomes medium brown.
- Drain in paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.