The word tapsilog is actually an abbreviation of the words tapa, sinangag (fried rice), and itlog (egg). Filipino food has a collection of this “silog” type of breakfast.
- sirloin beef
- light soy sauce
- minced garlic
- brown sugar
- ground black pepper
- juice of fresh calamansi or lemon
- oyster sauce (optional)
- cooking oil
- First, slice your beef thinly so it would cook fast and, at the same time, avoid beef from getting tough from cooking for a long time.
- The marinade for this beef tapa recipe is a combination of sweet, salty, garlicky and tangy flavors. Make the marinade by simply combining all antiestrogens the marinade ingredients together – soy sauce, garlic, calamansi juice or lemon juice, sugar, oyster sauce, pepper, and garlic.
- You can easily customize the marinade according to your taste – add more sugar for sweetness, calamansi or lemon juice for a bit of sourness, or lots of pepper if you want it to be spicy.
- Taste the marinade before adding in the raw beef. Once your marinade is ready, add the sliced beef and massage to fully coat with marinade.
- Keep for at least 4 hours in the fridge. You can also freeze them if you don’t plan on cooking it within 24 hours.
- Before cooking the marinated beef, drain meat from marinade. In a frying pan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of oil. Add beef slices in a single layer and cook, turning on sides, for about 3 to 4 minutes or until browned